Our last field trip for school year 2012/2013 was to the Discovery Center. Since Goose wasn't able to make the trip with us, I choose to have Aunt Darlene watch Madi for the day. The 3 older kids and I made our way to Abilene.
This is Buck, the talking deer! He told the kids about the rules of the Discovery Center. I thought it was pretty cheesy, but the kids seemed to enjoy it...
Miles, hanging on every word she said...Checking out the reptiles and birds...
This is Dusty, he was a big hit...
Honestly I can't remember what this ones name it, so I'll call her Isabelle :-)
Learning about Isabelle...
This was my favorite part! It is a miniature replica of the ark.
It was built 1/75th to scale of the original ark...pretty cool.
What I wouldn't give to know what's going through her mind right now...Learning about Goliath and giants in general.
At the end, they brought Rusty out for the kids to pet, not sure that was the wisest move, but they didn't ask me! Syd. of course, jumped right up to pet him(who is surprised?!?!)...
Here is our crew, pretty slim pickins' for one of our trips, but they were a really good group of kids! They were all so polite. So proud of them!
After the tour we went outside for a picnic before heading to the Zoo...Miles is half monkey, so when I told him he couldn't climb the tree, he found the next best thing...
My Little Big Man...
Yummy Picnic...I might have gone a little over board on the picnic goodies! Oh well, it was yummy...
Sweet kids...
And we are off to the Zoo......
No comments:
Post a Comment