Background

Monday, June 24, 2013

Father's Day...

Last Sunday we celebrated Goose and what a wonderful father he is! Without getting all mushy, he is the best Dad to our kids. He loves them...plays with them...hugs them...kisses them...teaches them...guides them...disciplines them...laughs with them...provides for them...and so much more!  He is a great father, mostly because our heavenly Father lives in his heart, but also because of his Dad and Granddad( Thank you both), who have both shown him by example. Our family is so blessed!!

After church we came home(I'm a little embarrassed to say this) and Goose cooked his own Father's Day meal. He wanted to grill, what was I to do...tell him no? Yeah, you don't know me very well if you think I put up much of a fight! I didn't think to take pictures of his spread, but it was great!!! He made steaks, grilled bacon wrapped peppers, spicy corn casserole, baked veggies, Butterfinger pie and Oreo pudding.

After we filled our bellies, we "played" outside. Goose and I made garden boxes while the kids played baseball...
My Big, Strong, Hard working Man!
Giving last minute "fielding" tips. This is how our country girls roll...skirts and baseball...
Big hitter...
His face says it all...he loves playing ball. Next year I am definitely signing him up to play...
Syd was all business...
Yes! She connected...
Our Lefty...
She was having fun...
We even found a furry "little" friend to "play" with...and when I say "little" I mean BIG and when I say "play" I mean he must have already heard about my kids because when he saw them coming he scurried off to hide under a weed...
It was a great day...lots of memories were made!

No comments:

Post a Comment