Background

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Abilene Zoo...

Ready to run and explore of the fun things at the zoo...
At first glace I thought this Alligator was fake. I later learned that he is in fact real. Don't worry I didn't throw things at him, when we were leaving I noticed that he had moved.
Love this kid!!
Bobcat, can you see it?
Hawk
Tiger. Are you noticing a trend?
Is it safe to come out?
Rhino
The Zebras weren't being very friendly...
We had a bunch of climbers...
White Tiger
Lion. Have you figured out the trend yet?
Now that is relaxed. Sleeping "spread eagle" for all the world to see...
Ocelot(my favorite, so pretty)
Watching the fish...
Hungry little fishes...
This was probably the kids favorite part, but I kept looking at them thinking, I can't believe people eat these...yuck!
Pretty girl...a stinker too!
There were a couple of turtles popping their heads up and now and then as well..
Looking for turtles...
Poor lonely gold fish...
feeding the fish...
Miles' turn...
Sweet Ten, growing up so fast...
Smile for the camera...
Reading about fun animal facts...
Saying hello to Mr. Giraffe...
This was pretty funny. We had the kids turn around for a pic, but before we did, the kids were standing right up at the glass. It made me wonder which were on display...the kids or the monkeys.
If you haven't guessed yet, we seemed to have come to the zoo during nap time...
Peacock...
Turkey. It's crazy to me that some people have to go to the zoo to see a turkey.
The kids even got a fly over as we were leaving the zoo...
We had a great day! It have been years since I have been to the Abilene Zoo, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I'm sure the kids and I will be going again.

No comments:

Post a Comment