Miles is especially in this stage right now. We just never know what he is going to come up with next.
Story 1
Occasionally on our way home from town we stop by to see Goose at his office. Most of the time he just meets us out at the car. Every once in a while Susie(she works in Goose's office) comes out to see the kids as well.
One of the times when she came out with Goose, she was wearing a cap. While she was talking to the kids, Miles ask her about the cap, basically implying that girls don't wear caps, so he wanted to know why she was. She smiled at him and explained that she didn't want to wash her hair that morning so she just grabbed a cap and ran out the door.
Fast forward to Halloween. On our way town we stopped by the office so Susie could see the kids outfits. She of course had a ton of candy for them(I could have just loaded up the kids and headed back out to the house:) While we were in her office, Miles got her attention. He said, "Susie, why um why um(at this point I looked at Goose, you see Susie was wearing a cap, so I knew he was about to ask her why she was wearing the cap, but he surprised us all) why didn't you wash your hair"? I couldn't believe he said that. Susie grab him up in a hug, laughed, and told him she loved him.
Story 2
One night at Awanas, Stephanie(Miles' cubby teach) was asking the kids for prayer requests. Miles told her he wanted to pray for a baby( brother) in my tummy. I laughed when she told me and explained there was no baby in my tummy. She then corrected me and said, "Oh no, we prayed for God to put a baby in your tummy"!!!
So, don't be surprised if God answers the prayer of a pretty sweet little 4 year old boy's request for a baby brother. (He has prayer for it several times since)
There are so many more. I keep thinking I need to get a book and write them all down. He is such a funny kid...he keeps us laughing.
No comments:
Post a Comment