Confession...this should have been blogged at least a month...possibly two ago. I'm blogging it now, so it still counts because we will still be able to look back and remember.
Sweet Miles is ALL BOY! He always has been. This is no different. I would like to introduce you to his frogs. He had 17 at one time. No, I didn't take and post a picture of all 17 frogs individually. You can thank me later :-)
Here he is holding Fredricka(fred-reek-a)...
How do I know that this particular frog is in fact Fredricka? Easy...they are all named Fredricka!! LOL!!! That's right, they all have the same name. It was actually quite funny to hear the kids talk about it. The reasons they gave for giving them all the same name...1) They liked the name 2) They wouldn't forget any of the frogs names 3) It sounds like a boy or a girl.This all started after we got a couple inches of rain(I think sometime in August). We had frogs everywhere, I mean everywhere! You couldn't walk from the car to the house without seeing at least one. Goose and I started noticing that Miles seemed to be carrying them to the back yard. When we asked him about it, he showed us his frog aquarium(the dogs water trough). It was so cute! I think he had about 5 or 6 then. Over the next week he collected 12 more.
Ten posing her Fredricka for a picture...
I used this whole experience as an excuse for Miles to learn about frogs. What they eat, where they live, how long they live, things like that. When he learned something new, he got to go out and "play" with them for a while. We discovered that this particular type of frog(Texas Frog), while they do like water(where he had them constantly) they live in grassy woodland areas and just going into the water when they get hot. I used this bit of information to convince Miles that he needed to release his treasured pets. It was starting to turn cold and one of them had died already. He took it a lot better than I thought he would. After this photo session, we released all of them.
Even Madi liked to play with them, though we did have to make sure she didn't squish them too hard.
Miles had put a couple of fat sticks and a big rock in the water for them to rest on. I told him these two look like they are about to kissing. He said, "Gross Mom, frogs don't kiss!"
Fredricka chilling...waiting to be released...
He loves animals just like his Daddy, I'm sure we will have many more adventures, very similar to this one. Boys do keep things interesting!!
No comments:
Post a Comment