Background

Monday, July 15, 2013

July 4th Parade..

We had a fun, family packed 4th of July. What started out as my parents coming for the 4th turned into my parents and most of my siblings. Ross & Pam couldn't make it in from Houston on short notice, and Josiah didn't make the journey from CO. The rest of the gang was here in full force, Nic and Jeremy even came in from Dallas.

We started our day with the Parade, always a favorite for the kids and I...
These kids are ready...
Pop & Madi...
I'm not really sure what he was telling them, but it looks like instructions. "Ok kids, as soon as they throw the candy, I want you to run out there and grab as much as you can"!
Mom & Goose posing for me while I getting my setting straight...
Syd is so ladylike, good thing that skirt came with shorts. The troops are lined up and ready. Start the parade already...
Here we go...
Love this guy! I look for him every year. This year he came with FIRE!!! Notice his missiles....
O'ma & Madi...
Calvary's Float(we won 3rd place)...
I love the clowns. There used to be 3 of them, but one moved away:-(  Mary Ann Wright and her good friend Dedra Driggers are out there every year putting smiles on people's faces.
Master Gafford...
The classic cars were out, in fact I think they could leave the new ones at the dealerships. The old ones are much better to look at...
Hot rod...
Cool car, but the drivers helmet takes the cake...
I was looking for Rachel and Luke, but I was looking for powder blue, nit white. I all but missed then. If you look in the back window, Rachel is looking at me :-)
I crossed the street thinking I would get a picture of the excitement on the kids faces while they were waiting for more candy...I think impatient is their look, not excitement...
Madi girl...
Boat out of water...it was pretty funny...
Bikes...Bikes...and more Bikes...
Tyler was back this year, I wonder if he goes into training mode a couple of weeks before the parade or if he just hops on and goes...
Collier clan...
This was the only tractor, I was a little sad, I was hoping to see the Stansell kids. Maybe next year.
 Russ with his miniature horses(Shetlands) and cart. They were pretty cute...
Uncle D offered to collect all the candy for the kids. However if they had known that he was going to tax them 30%, they might have opted to collect their own candy...
Our group! Nic & Jeremy came in later.

Overall I was a little disappointed in this years parade, but I'm still glad we went and there isn't anywhere else I would rather spend my 4th of July than Snyder.

No comments:

Post a Comment