Background

Friday, May 16, 2014

Calvary Mother Daughter Tea...

Every year I look forward to the Mother/Daughter Tea at Calvary. This was mine and the girls 5th year to attend and my 3rd year to decorate a table. I didn't get a good picture of the table this year, but you can get an idea of what it looked like. Here are all my guests, one of these years, I plan to have so many guests that I need 2 table. We are just about there!
My center piece. Can you tell, we just got there and the girls were starving...
Happy, beautiful girls...
Sweet baby needed some snuggles, the tea was right during her nap time...
Linda & Alanna(Mother/Daughter)...
Lorita & Dena Faye(Daughter/Mother)...
Nancy & Grandma Wanda(Daughter-in-law/Mother-in-law)...
Sydney smiling beautifully for the camera...
Our cake...Italian Cream Cake...It barely survived the trip to town...
You can tell from the look on my face...my cake was disappearing and I told Goose that I would ring him home a piece...oops!
Our table won several door prizes. My girls were a little sad that we arrived a little late and didn't get their names in the hat, but here's always next year and they did have a good time.

Rachel won a very pretty head band...
Kate won a bag full of goodies...
Dena Faye took home the "Wisest Woman" door prize...She is 96!! I think the closest one to her was 83 or 84. Definitely something to be proud of!!
All of our beautiful girls...
Our entertainment was top...well it was something!!

First, The Duck Dynasty men made an appearance...
Second, an off, off, off, off, OFF Broadway cast of Grease sang "JESUS is the word"...
And finally, as a surprise to us all, the village people came on stage. I can't explain to you how much fun it is to watch then sing Why Not To Day(YMCA)...They do a great job...THANKS GUYS!!
I thought this years tea was a success, I hope my guests all enjoyed themselves. I did have a few bumps and hiccups, but it is always so much fun. Thanks Alanna for taking pictures and sending them to me, since I didn't notice until I got there that my camera battery was dead, just one of the many hiccups. Can't wait until next year ladies, you are all invited again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment