Background

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Field Trip...

The kids and I were finally able to attend our first Home School field trip. For several reasons/excuses we haven't be able to attend the previous trips, but I made a point to start going.  Thursday morning we loaded up headed to the new plastics plant in Snyder, so the kids could learn and meet other kids that are taught the same way they are, through home schooling.

Ready to head into the factory. Ear plugs...check! Safety glasses...check! Here we go...

Ten was so excited! She was telling me it was loud...
Our tour guide was explaining the rules. Don't touch. Leave your glasses on, and your ear plugs in. Don't take pictures of the equipment...
Checking out the plastic pellets before they become pipe...
Don't these kids look excited to be learning "out in the field"...LOL... Uh oh, Syd is breaking one of the rules, she took her ear plug out. Who is surprised...anyone...anyone???
Checking out the water station...
I can't be certain, but I'm pretty sure she is trying to figure out a way to get down into the water...
At the end of the tour, our guide took us into their testing room and was explaining about how they quality test their pipe, before it is ever sent out into the field. He showed the kids a little tub of the plastic pellets they use and let the kids put their hands into to it...that was all they needed. Finally some "hands on" learning.
All and All I say our first trip was a huge success. I knew a couple of the families there, and a meet several more, so it was a good day. Can't wait until our next trip! Maybe even Goose can go with us...

No comments:

Post a Comment