Background

Thursday, September 5, 2013

First Day of School...

We usually start school the Tuesday after Labor Day. This year the kids had a different plan in mind. They literally begged me the entire last week of August to start school. I finally caved on Friday. We woke up, got dressed, took pictures, and then I got a call from my Aunt needing me to run an errand with her. So that was that.
Group pic from Friday's shoot...
Naturally I thought I was off the hook until Tuesday. No such luck! The kids kept begging on Friday, so we did a little school on Sat...that's right, my kids started their 2013-2014 school year on a SATURDAY. I'm not complaining. I was actually excited that they are so eager to start...I'm hoping it last as long as possible.

This was our Saturday shoot...

Madi was so happy to have her picture taken...she walked right up there with the big kids. This is a first for me. Usually about this age for my kids, pictures mean tears! She has been a little "lost" while the big kids are doing their school in the mornings, but we are figuring it out. She gets very excited after lunch when they can play.
My big boy! I can't believe how grown up he is. He told me the other day that he loves that I'm his teacher and he doesn't want anyone else to teach him. Such sweet words, it warmed my heart. He is so excited to be in Kindergarten...
Sweet Ten, oh how she loves to pose for the camera. My big girl is a 2nd grader. She is such a little momma...she loves helping Miles and Syd with their school and doing hers.
Syd Syd...what can I say about this sweet and sour little miss? I'm keeping her busy with Pre-K work. It is going better than I thought it would. She is loving it and since she's busy with school, I know she isn't busy making a mess...so it's a win/win!
Syd surprised me by bringing/riding her own prop to her shoot...so of course I had to get a pic...
I have been praying for the kids and a great school year. Praying the kids will have great attitudes, enjoy school and absorb their lessons easily. As our family and friends I ask you to pray for me and them as well.

1 comment:

  1. Love the First Day of School pictures!! The kids all look so cute and have grown so much. They look like they are all eager to learn. Hope you all have a great school year!!

    PS. I am also glad to see your kids don't wear shoes either. True Stansells!

    ReplyDelete