Background

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Miles Plays Baseball...

I was more than a little excited that Miles was going to play baseball...nervous...but more excited!! Most of my childhood memories involve baseball, All of my siblings played, my Dad coached and was even president of the league for several years.I couldn't wait to pass on my love for the game. On the way home from signing him up I prayed that God would place him on "the right" team. With this being his first year and not knowing much about baseball, I knew he would need someone that would show him the ropes so to speak. I was thrilled when I got a text from Matt Preston stating that Miles was on his team! He and his assistant coach were both great with the kids. They let them play several different positions and they really tried to teach the boys and girls about the game. He played in the Coach Pitch league through the Boys and Girls Club so it was very low key and a lot of fun. 
Cool side note...Goose is pretty sure that Matt's Dad was his first baseball coach.
Warming up before his last game. Miles impressed us all, he quickly picked up the game and played really well.
All grins on game day!!
Ready to field the ball...
I kept telling him things I remember hearing my Dad tell me. Base hits win ball games, Don't swing for the fence, keep you eye on the ball, step into it, He didn't need very much coaching. He found his swing and became quite the hitter
What is didn't know was that his other coach was telling him to knock it out of the park...
SO...he did!!!
The best part was he really enjoyed playing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment