Background

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Headed to Midland...

You might have seen this picture on FaceBook. Here is the whole story...
Ever since the kids got their bikes for Christmas, they have been asking, practically begging, me to ride their bikes to town. They want to ride them to Grandnana's and Grampa's. Despite my attempts to explain how far away town is from us, they still wanted to do it. So yesterday, I finally agreed. I loaded up Madi and Syd in the Excursion and we followed them.
So that's how it started!
They hopped on their bikes headed to Snyder. About half way down the dairy road, they stopped and asked if they could go to Aunt Alanna's instead. I said, that is a lot further, are you sure that's where you want to ride? They both shook their heads and grinned. So of course I said, "sure, why not! Let's go". So we headed off...again. They didn't get very much further when they decided they should stop off and Aunt Essie's first and play for a little while and then head to Midland.
If I hadn't stopped them at the Fluvanna community center(about 3 miles from the house) they might have actually made it to Esther's. They were more than a little disappointed, but we played for a little bit. Madi and Syd were asleep in the car.
Time for a little swinging...
The play ground helped soften the blow of not getting to bike all the way to Midland
We loaded up their bikes and headed to town for a burger. We made a game plan to leave earlier in the day.next time...they can't wait.

Be on the lookout...they may decide to come to your house next!!!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome adventure! Something they will for sure remember and cherish.

    ReplyDelete